The Film Office will waive fees for student productions that provide the following documentation:
- Completed West Hollywood Film Permit application [PDF];
- Letter from the school attended by the student on the school’s letterhead, confirming that the student is currently enrolled, and that what they are requesting to film is part of required curriculum;
- Certificate of Insurance from the school that meet the City’s requirements; certificates of insurance from production companies or other entities do not meet the requirement for the waiving of film permit fees;
- Other documentation may be required and fees may be charged for filming requests that involve significant impact to the community as determined by the Film Liaison;
- Any requests not meeting the above criteria will incur Film Permit fees as indicated on the current fee schedule.